happy hump day! it’s technically not my hump day since my work week isn’t over till saturday, but i can still wish you all a marvelous hump day! i’m still on my crusade to change my body and help eliminate the amount of space that my negative self image thoughts take up, and it’s going pretty well. i discovered that my body needs a lot more protein than i was giving it so the last few days i decided to try harder to find other sources of good protein. when i became a vegetarian, i worried about getting enough protein without eating meat, but there are so many other sources out there thanks to what i learned in Eat To Live.
here are a few of my go-to protein meals…
Vega Protein Pancakes
- 1 c GF oats
- 1/2 c nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbls of vanilla protein powder or 1 scoop ( i used Vega)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend till smooth
- scoop onto skillet, cook, and enjoy!
here is another recipe that i tried to the other day and they have been the perfect solution for a protein snack!
- ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
- 1 – 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce ( i used 1 mashed banana)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 – 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour (i used gluten free)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein ( i used Vega vanilla protein)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.
i loved these. i took them to utah for my weekend trip and they were the perfect go to snack:) she has a bunch of recipes i still need to try. give these a quick look!
i aslo ran across this recipe yesterday and i am dying to try it! i love love love baked goods and this is a perfect way to get more protein!
those look amazing and i think you need to give them a try! i try to eat at least 6 small meals a day filled with veggies, protein, fruits, ans grains. i love veggie omelet’s, salads with a little fish, veggie burgers, homemade veggie pizza’s, green smoothies, and homemade bars and breads! but i’m always looking for new options so if any of you have go to protein options that you enjoy please let me know:) happy hump day!