it’s great to see you but i wish you were friday, or better yet…saturday night! i can only hope the next two days go quickly:) i am loving the evidence of fall around provo and whipped out some sweaters already! (probably a little pre mature considering i was a little warm wearing them, but i can’t help but throw them on!
notice how i am the only one in a sweater! ha! i love sweater weather so please mother nature, send it my way! and something i love almost as much a sweater weather is pumpkin! this time of year welcomes all things pumpkin and i have a tasty recipe for you today! i originally found this recipe at cleaneatingmag.com and adapted it a bit! so here is my version.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup pumpkin ( not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Olive oil cooking spray, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in pumpkin, honey and coconut oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.
super moist and easy to eat!
what is your favorite way to use pumpkin?
are you a fan of sweaters?