Before I get to the giveaway winner, I want to share last nights dinner! I ate so much I had the largest food baby ever!!!
I found this recipe from edibleperspective and immediatley knew I had to try it!
Quinoa Veggie Egg Bake
1c pre-cooked quinoa [perfectly cooked quinoa]
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4c kale, chopped
1/4c tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400* and grease an small baking dish. I used a soup crock that is about 4-5” in diameter. You could also use 3 muffin tins or 2 ramekin dishes.
- Grease the baking dish thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, crack + whisk both eggs.
- Mix in quinoa.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, tomatoes, and kale until just combined.
- Pour into baking dish and smooth down with fork/spoon/spatula.
- Bake, uncovered for 22-26min, until lightly golden + set. [test with your finger for being set]
* If you’d like to add a little cheese you could try this…I made mine without and it was still tasty!
- Remove from oven, turn your broiler on + sprinkle cheese on top.
- Broil 1-3min, watching closely, until the cheese is bubbly.
Eaten with a salad, this makes quite the lunch or dinner. If veggies for breakfast are your thing, you’re going to have a new favorite.
I combined this with some home made potatoe chips! There was a bundle of small potatoes in my bountiful basket this week so I decided to put them to use. I used this recipe from Oh She Glows.
Rosemary Olive Oil Sea Salt Chips
(I cut this recipe in half)
10 medium potatoes (estimate only)
4-5 tbsp minced rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Slice potatoes into thin 1/8-1/4 inch rounds (I did not peel first).
- 3. In a large bowl, coat sliced potatoes in 2 tbsp olive oil, 4-5 tbsp minced fresh rosemary, and salt & pepper.
- 4. Bake for 30 minutes at 400F. After 30 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10-20 minutes (watch closely) until crispy and golden. Season to taste.
*I think I put too much rosemary in this batch so next time i’ll try a little less!
DRUM ROLL PLEASE! (in my announcer voice)