I can’t even believe it is October already! I sat down to post and looked at the date….This year has flown by and I’m excited to see what comes next. Remember my September to do list? I think we only accomplished a few, but that’s better than none right?
- We did make it to a show! We saw Viva Elvis at the Aria Hotel and loved seeing our friends perform!
- We didn’t exactly have a dinner party, but we did have some friends over for some delicious burgers! Mine were Sweet Potato Quinoa burgers of course!
We made it to Mady & Corey’s wedding!
Goals we didn’t get to:
- Girls night out
I’m thinking that these goals need to slid into October because girls night is a must and so are smore’s and hiking! With that said, Here are my goals for October!
- Game Night with the Donny and Marie family. We finally got our place decorated so I think it’s time for a little fun in the James household:)
- Have some Halloween fun! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Maybe we’ll go see Thriller at Tuacahn.
- Hike the Red Rocks! Stealing that goal from September. The weather is cooling down so we have no excuses!
2. Health Goals
- Drink more water daily. Nevada is so dry and I find that when I get thirsty I get really munchie. Those munchie’s could be eliminated by drinking more water.
- Incorporate new cardio routines. I’ve been thinking about giving CrossFit a try! There is one in my area and I’d like to see what it’s about. Love my Elliptical and always looking for more awesome HIIT workouts.
- Continue my yoga practice. Set an intention each practice. Use it as a time to meditate and learn more about myself.
- Purchase Mama Pea’s Recipe Book. That didn’t happen in September so it will happen in October!
- Invent new recipes. Turn my old favorites into new healthy versions. Like these or these. I don’t know if it’s possible to healthify those but I’m going to try really hard:)
- Do my best to keep gluten out of my diet. Remember when I posted about being gluten free? I’d like to do my best to cook with out gluten.
4. Blog Goals
- Higher quality posts. Strive to create higher quality posts with more recipes and fitness ideas to share!
- Reach out to other bloggers and become more personable. Trying to become apart of the community.
- Grow. As simple as that. I want to see the blog grow more and more each month!
What are your goals for the month? Writing down goals helps us to see what we need to achieve! We have no excuse not to push ourselves and get them done. The feeling of accomplishment and pride is much better than feeling bad we didn’t accomplish our goals!