happy first day of school for many university students in utah! woot! i visited campus today with my nieces and nephews to give them their first taste of college. (we get em’ at a young age). more like we treated them to the bookstore treats! i did have some feelings of regret i didn’t attend college….someday i hope to gain a certification in holistic nutrition so hopefully that’ll give me a small taste of college life:)
anyhow, since its back to school and life is going to get really busy, lets find some ways to stay motivated and active. i tend to hibernate in the fall/winter, but there are ways to avoid that! so here are some of my favorite ways to move!
- loose your scale. there are so many other ways to measure your health (not exactly a way to move, but i think the scale is more detrimental than helpful)
- walk to school and take advantage of the time walking around campus (with a heavy backpack that may count for a full on workout!)
- i love the fall leaves! take a bike ride or short hike to get a closer look
- take the stairs (seems basic but can make the world of difference)
- a early morning run before school, or work can jump start your energy for the day! skip the energy drink and hit a run
- since we get to layer with sweaters and scarves, don’t forget your body needs clean fuel to function. we may not see the extra weight under the baggy clothes, but it’s easy for me to put on weight in the winter
- fall/winter often shut us up inside. try a new class at the gym! zumba, body pump, pilates, or kickboxing
- join a yoga studio or a crossfit box
- make your living room a temporary gym for an hour! tons of great at home workouts here
- get in gear! find a new winter sport and make a goal to become great at it!
image via google
what’s your best advice to stay moving in the hustle and bustle of the fall season?
happy back to school!