happy wednesday/ hump day! woot! thank you for all of your great tips to keep it moving with the colder months approaching! so many great ideas! and thanks for all the sweet comments on the new blog design!
keeping up with that theme, lets chat about some great snack options for “on the go” and keeping it moving. i envy those people who are so on the ball that prepare clean food every sunday for the entire week! go you! i guess i just need to make it happen this sunday! but for those days when life comes at you fast, here are some great clean/healthy snack ideas to get you through the day!
- lara bars: i know i always ramble on about these gems, and not every one likes the taste, but find one you do and enjoy it. what is great about these little bars is that they only contain a small amount of ingredients, all natural, and gluten free! they won’t even melt in your purse (unless you buy the chocolate chips ones then you are out of luck). there are a bunch of great brands out there that offer similar products! do a little taste testing and find your favorite.
- trail mix: so many brands and options out there! my favs are trader joes, gone nuts, bear naked, and homeade!
- veggie/fruit chips: not the ones on the doritos isle, but the natural dried stuff like bare fruit or these kale chips!
- homemade balls: i just giggled a little. don’t tell me you didn’t either. this recipe is great for a little proiten cookie dough ball (healthy of course)
- veggies w/ hummus: or any other fav dip. easy to pack in a little lunch box and so much better than mcdonalds fries:)
- fruit: if i could eat fruit all day i would! perfect little pick me up when the 3 o’clock slump hits.