i can’t straighten both of my arms, and my forearms and biceps are swollen. awesome. thank you pull ups.
so what the heck am i to do when i need to teach dance and i cant move my arms let alone teach proper form? soak in tiger’s palm.
my little cottage reeked of tigers palm and the puppy stayed far away from me so i decided i should probably take care of this:) bless my hubbys heart, after i heated both my arms, he gently helped massage my arms till some of the lactic acid build up began to slowly go away. it was not the most fun and my reflexes often kicked in with a punch to the face. sorry baby! it’s what we do for love!
apparently there are a few more home remedies i didn’t know about..
- soak in a warm epsom salt bath (who knew)
- ice immediately after injury occurs (kinda a given)
- drink lots of fluid to flush out acid build up
as a dancer i know all about being sore and taking care of my muscles, but this crossfit is a whole new world. I feel so cool that i just wanna go for it! i probably should be a little more careful how far i push myself considering i’m still a newbie.
with that said i hate being the newbie!
alright time for the good stuff! so my darling sister sent me this recipe and i love it! something about lemons makes me giddy! the recipe is originally from real simple.
PAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEMON-GARLIC GREEN BEANS (serves 4)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. Serve warm.