We are home from our amazing trip to Southeast Asia! We traveled light so I’m back to my laptop and able to blog some of the million photos I took! I’m not joking when I say a million photos you guys, I just couldn’t resist! We flew into Bangkok to start off our adventure so that’s where I’ll start today.
We spent three days in Bangkok and it was the perfect amount of time. The Grand Palace and surrounding temples were breath-taking. Carson’s favorite was Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) and I loved Wat Phra Kaew in the main Grand Palace complex. I could’ve done a single post for each temple we visited, but who has time for that?! 🙂 Just kidding! I’ll happily email you the photos if you’re that curious! 🙂
We rode in our first “Tuk Tuk”, fell in love with mango sticky rice, battled jet lag, ate our fair share of pad thai, and mastered the art of bargaining. It was a good start to say the least.
- We stayed in this Airbnb and it was brand new! Super clean and quiet but a bit too far out of the main city! Great for kids, but keep in mind you would need to travel in by train to see the temples. Usually about a 30 min trek.
- Terminal 21 is a huge mall where every floor is dedicated to a major tourist city around the world! If you need a break from the temples and heat this is a great place to hang for a few hours!
- Eat as much Mango Sticky Rice as you can! I think we ate it daily and I am still dreaming about it!!! Drink bottled water! You do not want to spend our trip dealing with parasites!
- When visiting the temples be aware of the dress code! No shorts, tanks, or midriff. That includes for the guys too!
- We wanted to visit the floating market but we didn’t plan it very well and ended up in Bangkok when the market is not open! I believe it is only open on weekends! Keep in mind tourism is how most people make their money so be prepared for people to up sell you! Put your bargaining hat on especially when it comes to Tuk Tuks!
I hope you enjoy a small taste of our adventure and comment below your travel tips!